Italian Meat Loaf with Balsamic Glaze
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- ¾ pound ground beef chuck
- ¾ pound ground pork
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon prepared balsamic glaze (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 11 x 7-inch shallow baking dish with foil.
- Combine all ingredients, except balsamic glaze, in a large bowl and mix gently, but thoroughly with your hands.
- Form the mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 55 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160°F when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Remove from oven and spread top with balsamic glaze, if using.
- Return meat loaf to oven for 3-5 minutes to set glaze.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.