Italian Sausage Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ pound of hot or sweet Italian sausage, about 3 links
- ¼-pound piece stick pepperoni, diced
- 1 (½ to ¾ pound) ham steak, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, quartered and cut
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ½ pound gemelli pasta or other short-cut pasta
- Place a soup pot on stove and preheat to medium high heat. Add the sausage, brown and crumble the sausage, drain off excess fat if necessary.
- Add the ham and the pepperoni. Cook meats together 2 minutes then add peppers and onions and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and pepper.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta let cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.