Jicama and Vegetable Spears with Tajín
- When selecting, choose a medium-sized and firm vegetable.
- You can eat jicama raw. It makes a great addition to salads, salsas, and vegetable platters. It stays crisp when it's cooked.
- Raw jicama is delicious when sprinkled with lime juice and chili powder.
- 1 large jicama, peeled and cut into ½-inch thick sticks
- 4 Persian cucumbers, quartered lengthwise
- 1 (14-ounce) can of hearts of palm, drained and halved lengthwise
- 1 lime, halved crosswise with seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon Tajín Clásico seasoning or similar spice mix
- Flaky sea salt
- Place jicama, cucumbers, and hearts of palm cut-side up on cutting board and squeeze lime halves over.
- Sprinkle with Tajín and season with salt. Arrange vegetables upright in tall glasses or jars to serve.