Lemon Raspberry Cake
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup lemon or plain whole-milk yogurt
- ¼ cup canola or safflower oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ pint (6 ounces) fresh raspberries
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan, line bottom with parchment paper and grease paper.
- Into a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, lemon zest and juice, egg and vanilla.
- Stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in raspberries, breaking most of them apart as you stir.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.