- Inside, it looks like garlic but tastes slightly sweet and tart. Really good!
- Instead of peeling it like an orange, a mangosteen is typically opened by pressing firmly or twisting the outside until it breaks apart.
- 200 grams mangosteen pulp or mangosteen purée
- 70 grams sugar
- 50 grams water
- 15 grams lime juice
- 4 grams pectin
- Heat the sugar with half a cup of water until dissolved, then filter the syrup through a fine cloth.
- Mix the mangosteen with 50 grams of water. Stir while heating until soft.
- Mix syrup with pectin, then add syrup and pectin and lime juice to sugar mixture.
- Stir until thickened.
- Pour into jam jar while still hot and close the lid tightly.