Mediterranean Bulgur Salad
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1½ cups uncooked bulgur, #2
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Place bulgur in a large bowl. In a large saucepan, bring about 3 cups water to a boil.
- Measure 1½ cups of boiling water, pour over bulgur and stir.
- Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, until water is absorbed and bulgur is room temperature, 35-45 minutes.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, scallions, cheese, pine nuts and parsley to bulgur.
- Pour dressing over top and toss gently until thoroughly combined.