Mojito Sour Orange Marinade for Chicken
- As the name implies, this fruit has a very sour flavor.
- These oranges are mainly used in marmalade. The juice can also be used as a tenderizer for meat dishes like carne asada.
- Mix sour orange juice with your favorite fruit juice for a refreshing and delicious drink.
Ingredients (yields 2 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup garlic, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups freshly squeezed sour orange juice
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, onions, orange juice, and lime juice.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan until just smoking.
- Slide the contents of the bowl into the hot oil. Be very careful because the liquid will splatter.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to soften the onions and garlic.
- Season the marinade with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour everything into a blender or food processor and pulse 3 times to combine.
- Pour into a plastic container and cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate.
- Mojito Marinade keeps for up to 2 weeks.