Ingredients (Makes approximately 30)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- Cream the butter and stir in the Parmesan, paprika, cayenne pepper, egg yolk and salt. Mix well.
- By hand, mix in the flour to make a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then flatten with the palm of the hand to 2-inch rounds.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350° until the edges are beginning to brown, about 15 minutes
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Keep in an airtight container, or freeze.