Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients (yields 2 dozen cookies)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Roll batter into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball twice with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet 2 minutes before transferring to rack to cool completely.