Pecan Sticky Buns
Ingredients (for topping)
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup lightly toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
Ingredients (for filling)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup lightly toasted pecans, chopped
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 package (17.3 ounces/ 2 sheets) frozen puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place a 12-cup standard muffin tin on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
- Scoop mixture evenly into the muffin cups
- Sprinkle with the pecans.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour.
- Unfold one sheet of puff pastry with the folds going left to right.
- Pat one-half of the filling evenly over the pastry, leaving a ¼-inch plain border on 3 sides and a ½-inch border at the top.
- Brush the ½-inch border lightly with water.
- Starting with the bottom end nearest you, roll the pastry up snugly like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing the roll with the seam-side down.
- Slice the roll in 6 equal pieces, about 1½-inches each.
- Place each piece, spiral side up, in 6 of the muffin cups.
- Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry to make 12 sticky buns.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the sticky buns are golden brown on top and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert the buns onto the parchment paper (ease the filling and pecans out onto the buns with a spoon) and cool a few more minutes before serving.