Perfect Prime Rib
- 1 prime rib roast
- Olive oil or butter
- Kosher salt
- Coarse ground black pepper
- Herbes de Provence
- Let roast come to room temperature. Set out for at least 4 hours.
- Combine 2 parts kosher salt with 1 part coarse ground pepper and preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Coat fat side of roast with olive oil or butter. Cover the roast in salt, pepper, and Herbes de Provence.
- Place roast in oven and cook for 5 minutes per pound.
- When roast is done, turn off oven and rest inside the oven for 2 hours. Do not open the oven during this time!
- Remove roast from oven and slice.