Pesto Alfredo Shrimp with Pasta
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup pesto
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add cream, stirring constantly, and cook 5-6 minutes, until hot and beginning to simmer.
- Add the Parmesan, stirring until it melts.
- Stir in the pesto and pepper and cook another 3 to 5 minutes, mixture will simmer and thicken.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they are just done and turn pink, about 4-5 minutes. Serve sauce over hot pasta.