Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
Ingredients (makes about ¾ cup )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 teaspoons pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) containers fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in jalapenos; cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and adobo sauce.
- Stir the raspberries into the sauce, bring to a simmer and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar, orange juice, salt, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Simmer until thickened and reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Strain sauce to a heatproof bowl, pressing on solids to release all liquid.
- Use as a glaze while grilling and/or a finishing sauce.