Ratatouille Grilled Cheese
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small zucchini sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small yellow squash sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small orange bell pepper cored and sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 small red bell pepper cored and sliced into 1-inch strips
- ½ red onion sliced thinly
- 12 ounces fresh goat milk chevre
- 4 slices of sourdough bread ½-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs de provence
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the red onion slices, peppers, zucchini and squash into a baking dish and drizzle the olive oil all over them.
- Season with the herbs de provence, salt and pepper, and top with the fresh thyme sprig.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the vegetables have become slightly soft.
- Spread the goat cheese on one side of the thick sourdough bread.
- Layer the roasted veggies atop the in a decorative way and then give them the lightest drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the open-faced sandwiches onto a hot panini press and get them nice and toasty.