- 1 ½ cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoons seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ pounds red snapper fillets, bones removed
- 1 cup flour
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- In a bowl, toss together bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the buttermilk.
- Toss the fish with the flour, shake off the excess, and dip into the egg.
- Shake off excess egg and press into breadcrumb mixture. Set aside.
- Heat about ⅛ inch of oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side until the fish flakes easily and has browned nicely.