Roast Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks with Lemon and Thyme
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 lemons, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks (2 and ½ pounds total)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Slice 1 ½ lemons into ¼-inch slices and place in a single layer in prepared dish.
- Arrange chicken over lemons in a single layer, skin side up.
- Combine the juice of ½ lemon, olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon mixture evenly over chicken and lemons in baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Serve chicken with lemon slices.