Ingredients (Makes 8 cups)
- 8 large green peppers
- 8 large red peppers
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoons dried basil, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place peppers on a broiler pan and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat.
- Turn peppers to expose all skin surfaces and broil until charred all over. Place peppers in a paper bag, close tightly.
- Allow peppers to cool, then peel and slice in wedges and place in a bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, oregano, basil and salt. Pour the mixture over the peppers and mix gently.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange peppers and marinade in 4 decorative 2-cup containers. Store in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.