Shortbread Cookies with Condensed Milk
Ingredients (makes about 3 dozen)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix butter and condensed milk in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and briefly mix again.
- Stir in chocolate with a wooden spoon.
- Make cookies: Using a 1-inch cookie scoop (1 tablespoon), scoop balls onto prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Press tops lightly to flatten slightly.
- Bake 14-15 minutes, until cookies begin to brown around outer edges.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.