Simple Authentic Mexican Green Salsa
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 8 medium-sized green tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers or 2 serrano peppers, chopped
- Handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine tomatoes and peppers in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Carefully transfer tomato mixture to a blender. Add cilantro, salt and pepper then blend. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.