Ingredients (yields 4 cups)
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided use
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 1 medium eggplant with skin on, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into ½-inch coins
- 6-8 Roma tomatoes, seeded diced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch sauté pan over medium heat
- Add the onions to the pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the eggplant and thyme and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and zucchini and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper, to taste, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.