Southwest Chicken Soup
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 (12-ounce) jar salsa verde
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken or other cooked leftover chicken)
- 1 (15-ounce) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or homemade chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional garnish)
- sour cream (optional garnish, but really good)
- tortilla chips (optional garnish, almost necessary!)
- Combine the chicken broth and the salsa into a large saucepan.
- Cook for 2 minutes over medium-high heat, then add the shredded chicken, beans, and cumin. Bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with green onions, add a dollop of sour cream, and some tortilla chips (if desired).