- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, kosher or sea
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl mix, together eggs and milk.
- Add flour and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Season with salt.
- Place a spaetzle maker over the water and fill with batter.
- Move batter back and forth over the water.
- Cook for two minutes. They should float to the top.
- Remove spaetzle using a slotted spoon or basket strainer and place into a bowl.
- Toss with melted butter, nutmeg, dill, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and enjoy!