Spanish Baked Cod with Chorizo
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 4 ounces Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes with peel, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), sliced into thin half moons
- ¼ teaspoon crumbled saffron threads
- ¾ cup dry sherry
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 (1½ pound) cod fillet
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet or shallow casserole over medium heat.
- Add sliced chorizo and cook, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, until they begin to brown.
- Add the leeks, saffron, sherry and salt and pepper to taste; stir gently.
- Arrange cod on top of the mixture in the skillet, sprinkle it with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cod flakes easily, 18-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.