Spanish-Style Chicken Bake
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 white onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 pound small new potatoes, quartered
- 8 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 6 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- Salt and pepper
- 2½ ounces Spanish cooking chorizo, skinned and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided use
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided use
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and each slashed 2-3 times
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place onions, potatoes, garlic and tomatoes in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss everything together and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and stir in chorizo, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika and ½ teaspoon dried oregano.
- Place chicken on top of vegetable/chorizo mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining ½ teaspoon smoked paprika and ½ teaspoon dried oregano and sprinkle over chicken.
- Return pan to oven, increase heat to 425°F, and roast an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, baste chicken with pan juices and tuck yellow pepper strips in around the chicken.
- Return pan to the oven and roast another 20-25 minutes, until chicken is browned and cooked through.