- 1 large egg white
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ ground allspice
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups pecan halves or assorted nuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a sheet pan with non-stick foil.
- Beat egg white until soft and foamy. Combine sugar with spices and whisk into egg white.
- Stir in pecans until well coated. Spread mixture in a single layer onto prepared pan.
- Bake pecans for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using a metal spatula, stir, toss and separate nuts. Return to oven and continue baking 10 minutes longer, until medium brown.
- Remove from oven; toss and stir again. Place baking pan on a wire rack to cool.
- They will crisp as they cool. Break up any that stick together.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 2 weeks.