Spicy Salmon Packets
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 (5-6 ounce) sea bass, halibut or salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 8 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut four 12-inch square pieces of aluminum foil.
- Place a sea bass fillet in the center of each piece of foil.
- Rub ½ teaspoon chili paste into each fillet. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon sesame oil over each piece of fish, sprinkle with scallions and ginger, then drizzle each with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
- Close foil tightly, crimping edges closed.
- Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake 15-18 minutes (bake a few minutes longer if fish is more than 1-inch thick).
- Place packets on individual plates and allow to rest 5-10 minutes before opening and serving.