Stir-Fry Opo With Ground Pork
- When selecting, remember that smaller fruits are less bitter.
- Opo squash tastes like zucchini and cucumber, but with slight bitterness.
- To use, slice the squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds with a spoon. Opo is often stuffed with seafood, cooked in stews, or stir-fried.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups opo squash, peeled and diced into cubes
- ¼ cup ground pork
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat wok or skillet with oil.
- stir-fry garlic for 1 minute.
- Add ground pork and brown.
- Add diced opo, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger.
- Stir-fry until cooked for about 10 minutes or until slightly soft, don't overcook.
- Add green onion with pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.