Sweet and Spicy Asian Chicken Tenders
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 uncooked chicken tenders (or you can slice boneless chicken breasts)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth or orange juice
- 8 oz. cooked, warm Japanese noodles (soba or udon)
- ½ cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, optional garnish
- Heat olive oil in an 11-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place chicken tenders into the hot pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until just cooked through.
- Drop garlic into running food processor and process until minced.
- Add jalapeno, ginger, honey, sesame oil, cilantro, salt and pepper and process.
- Scrape sides of the bowl and add wine.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour sauce over chicken tenders in skillet.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until chicken is hot and sauce has reduced slightly.
- Place warm noodles into a large serving bowl.
- Pour sauce and chicken tenders over noodles.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and black sesame seeds.