Sweet Chili Thai Sauce
- Thai chili peppers have a strong, lingering heat.
- These can be added to vegetable and rice stir-fries for a spicy flavor. In Thailand, they are traditionally used in seafood dishes.
- When cooking with these peppers, you can add sugar or coconut oil to cut down on the heat.
- The Scoville rating for Thai chili peppers is between 50,000 and 100,000 units.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pour water and vinegar into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in sugar, ginger, garlic, chili pepper and ketchup. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch.
- Remove saucepan from stove to cool.
- Once cooled, transfer to a bowl, then cover and refrigerate until needed.