Tomato and Goat Cheese Crumble
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2¼ pounds assorted ripe tomatoes, including a pint of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, preferably with herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Cut tomatoes into bite-sized chunks, leaving cherry tomatoes whole.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet, add the tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and most of tomato liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon half of the tomatoes into prepared baking dish and crumble half the goat cheese on top. Repeat layers.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet, add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring occasionally until crumbs are golden and crispy.
- Remove from heat and stir in pine nuts and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Scatter mixture over tomatoes, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbly.