Two Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 1 ½ pounds Idaho baking potatoes, about 3 large, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Combine potatoes, cream, cheddar cheese, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared baking dish, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 hour; remove foil and continue baking 10-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.