Vietnamese Pickled Carrots and Daikon Radish
- These radishes are juicy with a flavor profile that is more peppery than table radishes.
- To use, wash thoroughly in cold water. Trim ends and serve sliced. They can also be pickled or cooked in stews or soups.
- Daikon is delicious raw or stir fried.
- ½ pound carrots, julienned or cut into match-like strips
- ½ pound daikon radish, julienned or cut into match-like strips
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix water, sugar, and salt.
- Stir until sugar and salt completely dissolved.
- Add carrot and daikon strips into the bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to sterilized jars. Seal and refrigerate for at least overnight before consuming. Will keep for 1 month in the refrigerator.