Weekend of Fire Meatloaf
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- ½ cup finely chopped apple
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Mix meatloaf ingredients together well and shape into 2 freeform loaves on prepared baking sheet.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and cover loaves evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until cooked through (160°F).
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.