White Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 10 ounces white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with aluminum foil, leaving a little overhang around the edges of the pan.
- Grease the foil.
- Heat the butter and chocolate, stirring frequently, in a large saucepan over low heat, until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the sugar into the melted chocolate, then stir in the eggs and vanilla. (the mixture will look curdled)
- Add the flour, salt, and chopped pecans. Quickly stir just until mixed. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake the brownies until the top is lightly golden but the center is still somewhat soft when pressed lightly, 30 - 35 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate the brownies at least 3 hours. Using the foil, lift the brownies from the pan. Cut into 20 - 25 squares.